Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mobile robbers - Know the enemy.

Today I was about to be robbed of my mobile while travelling in the BMTC bus between the bus stops "Jayadeva - East End" and "BTM - Water Tank". This was the second time at the same place by the same gang. And the mobile robber gang operates all day and steals a lot of mobiles I reckon!

Their strategy; usually they are a gang of three and the **first sign of suspicion** is that they are drunk and stink of alcohol. They attack any guy who is standing close to the door way, so that they can flick off your mobile and run away easily. So it is not a good idea to stand near the door. One guy will stand in front and block your face away from the door, by clutching the holding-bar on the ceiling, in a peculiar way **second sign of suspicion**. Another guy will stand behind to block you from moving behind. The third guy sticks to you in front (facing his back) to attempt the robbery. Then he will use his hand to stealthily lift the mobile from your pocket **third sign of suspicion**.

I defended simply by holding down my mobile. This happens like in a split second!

5 comments:

  1. Today I saw the gang again! And this time the real gang is of almost 7 people. They coordinate and crowd the doorway, trap a potential victim and steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have called 100 and filed a complaint. They have requested me to file a written complaint, which I will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost got mine robbed in a bus at Jaynagar 4th block bus stand. The bus was just pulling out of the bus stand and I had just got in. I had a helmet in one hand and was holding to the grabrails with the other.

    My pocket was really deep and tight and my cellphone was sitting smug. Yet, I felt it moving towards the top of the pocket. I instinctively put my hand to my pocket and at that moment saw a late teenage guy pulling his hand away and jumping off the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky! Since the time I have complained I have not witnessed this menace. Hopefully it is gone for good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats really good that they seem to have taken some action against all these things... And i think u did a good job by actually observing their plan out carrying out the theft... Good work Akshay... :)
    Shashank's mobile was stolen the exact same way...

    ReplyDelete